How to Participate
The first CEDAR workshop can be confusing since the structure is different from other meetings. We want to give a brief overview of opportunities, especially for students, on how to participate to fully benefit from the meeting.
For all students
Students can apply for student workshop attendance support. See the 2022 CEDAR Workshop to learn more about it.
The Student Workshop Day is always on the first day of the meeting and not only gives you the opportunity to learn about CEDAR science but also get to know other students.
Student activities are planned throughout the meeting - check out the agenda once it is available.
The Student Poster Competition gives you the opportunity to showcase your work and have lots of discussion with others.
Join the student volunteer team by contacting your student representatives on the CEDAR Science Steering Committee. We plan to have a “mentor-mentee” program and will discuss this soon.
Sign up for Slack and the CEDAR mailing list - links to these are found in the footer.
For all attendees
The CEDAR plenary session is in general in the morning with invited presentations highlighting recent science advances, projects, and what is new at the agencies. It also includes a tutorial, the CEDAR Prize Lecture and the CEDAR Distinguished Lecture.
CEDAR individual workshops are organized by community members in the morning and afternoon. A list of individual workshops will be available on the 2022 CEDAR Workshop page. CEDAR is a grassroots effort and to present please contact the workshop convener.
How to present your science?
- Present a poster
- Present in a workshop by contacting one of the workshop conveners (CEDAR is a grassroots effort, ask the convener about the session format since it varies from workshop to workshop)
- Attend / present at the poster session
- If you have already received your PhD volunteer for poster judging.
- Socialize during the breaks
- Participate in the social events
- We thrive to increase the number of students and early career scientist involved in individual workshops. More information will be available soon.